For our Enterprise customers, we offer the additional possibility of connecting files from your local storage.
In order to do this, we will use the Min.io service which allows you to host and store files locally in an S3 compatible bucket. There are two possible ways to set up your storage depending on whether you want to use a VPN or not.
- Download and setup a Min.io bucket
- Add CORS headers to V7. Similar to the example in our AWS S3 docs. More details can be found here (look for cors_allow_origin )
- Add the Base URL, bucket name and storage name to your storage details in Settings -> Storage
- Setup access via a VPN and remove auth for the min.io bucket within this VPN so that the raw item URLs can be handled
Note: This is harder to debug as we will have limited access due to the use of the VPN
- Add CORS (look for cors_allow_origin ). This setting needs to include our domain https://darwin.v7labs.com
- Auth - you need to create a user for us that has configured access to the target bucket - https://docs.min.io/docs/minio-multi-user-quickstart-guide.htmlhttps://docs.min.io/docs/minio-multi-user-quickstart-guide.html . Both username and password then need to be securely shared with us.
We will also need:
-MinIO base URL
-region (regions in MinIO are just because they need to be to comply with S3 protocol).
If you're interested in either of these options, reach out to your Customer Success Manager or Account Manager.
Updated 6 months ago