To migrate your V7 items to another storage bucket, follow the instructions below.
If you would like to move buckets in the same cloud then it is important to follow the instructions below:
- Add the resource based policy and CORS access to the new bucket. See here for S3 details as an example.
From here, there are two different approaches depending on whether you will still be using the old bucket for any V7 storage:
- a) If you are not using the old bucket again you do not need to keep a
storage namefor it. You can
reuse the same storage name for the new bucket without re-registration.
You will have to copy across the folder containing thumbnails, hq and lq frames across to the new bucket which will have been defined in your storage settings by
From there, change the
Bucket field to the new bucket name.
Make sure to correct the region if your bucket is located in a different data center.
- b) If you are still reusing the old bucket for V7 files then you will need to click
New Storage Integrationthen re-register files and add a new storage name.
Unique Storage Names
You cannot have the same storage name for two buckets.
You must copy across the file containing the thumbnails, hq and lq files with the same prefix as specified in your storage instructions. Missing these can cause degradation of service. If you are re-registering and have readwrite access enabled then this will be done automatically.
The process for moving external files between different cloud buckets is similar to moving between the same cloud with some extra considerations:
- You will need to separately fulfil the security requirements for the new cloud you are using, and remove permissions if you are no longer using the bucket in the previous cloud.
- The role/service principal/service account for V7 varies across the cloud products and needs to be adjusted accordingly.
Updated about 1 month ago